Congratulations on completing your conference registration, please press “+ New Submission” below to submit input for the Beijing Declaration on MOOC Development under the four different categories (you may also submit more than one submission). For more information, please refer to the letter below or email us at email@example.com.
On behalf of Tsinghua University and UNESCO IITE, it is our honor to formally invite you to virtually attend the 2020 Global MOOC Conference on December 11, 2020, from 20:00 to 22:30 Beijing local time.
In response to global educational challenges and opportunities presented by the age of internet, virtual interconnectivity, and most recently the global pandemic, the Global MOOC Conference aims to bring together world-leading universities and online education platforms across all geographical regions at this unprecedented time. With the theme “Learning Revolution and Higher Education Transformation”, the Conference aims to:
- promote good practices and resources of MOOC development and online education,
- explore the role of technology in shaping the future of higher education,
- encourage international cooperation on educational technology innovation, and
- raise awareness for the inclusion and equity in education for achieving the UN SDG 4.
Please visit our CONCEPT NOTE for more details.
To solidify our efforts and achievements during the Conference, we would compile the fruitful discussions and constructive input into the Beijing Declaration on MOOC Development. Embracing the interactive and collaborative spirit of the MOOC and online education, we welcome the collective participation in drafting this declaration. Please feel free to share your ideas or input on the following topics before November 30 by visiting https://mooc.global/conference/declaration-input/:
- Role and impact: Higher education around the world has experienced profound changes. In your opinion, what has been the most defining role or significant impact of MOOC and online education, especially since the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Characteristics and advantages: MOOC and online education have helped us to explore and transform global higher education. In your opinion, what were some of the enabling characteristics or unique advantages of MOOC and online education?
- Vision and recommendations: How can we, as a community through international solidarity and multilateral cooperation, build, develop and promote MOOC and online education to better serve the society?
- Good practices showcase: What were the major highlights, challenges, and decisions since the switch towards online in 2020? Any good case practices of using MOOC or online education tools?
Please feel free to include any additional materials (toolkits, reports, PPTs, photos, videos, etc.) to showcase your impact. We hope to put together the good case practices and share them with you all in the near future.
Lastly, don’t forget to register (and it’s free) before November 30. We look forward to connecting with you for the Global MOOC Conference! Don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
QIU Yong (President, Tsinghua University)
Tao Zhan (Director, UNESCO IITE)