ENHANCE, the European Universities of Technology Alliance, invites students and staff from the seven member universities to participate in its online kick-off event “Launching the Future.”
The ENHANCE Alliance is part of the EU-funded “European Universities Initiative,” which seeks to improve the quality, reputation, and international competitiveness of European higher education and to strengthen the collaboration and exchange between universities in Europe.
In addition to enhancing student and researcher mobility, ENHANCE aims to reduce bureaucratic barriers and provide more flexible opportunities in education and research.
The online event, titled “Launching the Future – Universities of Technology in Light of the Global Pandemic,” will discuss, in particular, the following questions:
- How is the pandemic amplifying trends and transformations in society, research and higher education?
- What are the possible benefits of this process?
- What challenges can be better addressed at the European level?
- Will we all grow tired of digitalization or will universities become ever more virtual?
- What does that mean for life on campus?
- How will we work in research, teaching, and administration in the future?
The concept for the European Universities has been developed by EU member states, higher education institutions and student organizations after French president Emmanuel Macron delivered the key idea for the initiative in his widely noted speech delivered in 2017 at Sorbonne University, Paris.
(This article first appeared on https://www.rwth-aachen.de/go/id/naizp?lidx=1)